Hi Lovelies! Last week I was nominated to participate in a Blogger Tag. I’ve never done it before and actually it was my first time hearing about one. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Blogger Tags, it’s a fun way to network and get to know new and up-and-coming bloggers. It starts with a nomination. You’ll get asked a series of questions that are meant to be silly, amusing, and insightful. Answer honestly, then come up with your own set of questions to pass on. It’s a nice little way of getting to know each other and support small bloggers.
I was nominated by Emily @emahlee13 on Twitter. She is a bookworm, feminist and cat enthusiast who runs That Weird Girl Life: Books Adventures Life blog. Thank you Emily for tagging me (and sorry it took me so long to respond). Let’s jump into it!
- Answer the 11 questions that your nominator has asked you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers (with under 200 followers)
- Ask your nominees 11 questions.
- Let them know that you have nominated them!
So… It was really hard for me to find 11 bloggers with under 200 followers. I tried to stay under 1k. Part of the problem is that I need more people to follow! Find me on Twitter @Kala_Mari3, I’ll follow back. And note, it’s totally cool if you don’t want to answer my questions… Although they’re pretty good ones! This is just something fun to do – No obligations.
The bloggers I’m tagging are…
- Kara @karascloset
- Christine A @changedXpurpose
- Ashley H @ashleymarlenis1
- Yvette @missflyingsolo
- Bella @BellaWanders
- Sofie @SofiesLifestyle
- Lifebycyndi @lifebycyndi
- Nia @_ehealed
- Violet @SimplyVioletUK
- Chi Dela Resoma @Filipina_foodie
- EuNiyce-Mari @EuNiyceMari
Now, it’s time for the 11 questions that Emily came up with.
1. When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Growing up I wanted to be a psychologist. I think it was because I felt like I had a lot of problems and I wanted to listen to someone else’s for a change. Plus they’re a doctor, so I thought they made a lot of money!
2. What time of day do you do your blogging? Do you usually work in the daytime or are you a night owl?
I usually blog in the afternoons and evenings. If I start on a post past 9 o’clock I won’t be able to sleep, which isn’t always a bad thing. My mind just keeps going and I can’t shut it off.
3. If you could only eat one candy or chocolate for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups – Hands down! The ratio of chocolate and peanut butter are perfect and melt in my mouth. I even have a ritual way of eating them. First, I bit around the edges getting all the chocolate. Then, I eat the entire center in one bite.
4. What is your go to movie to watch when you’re feeling sad or upset?
Robin Hood: Men In Tights. It’s a classic and always gets me laughing. Made in 1993 and directed by Mel Brooks, it’s a spoof on the original Robin Hood story. I can pretty much quote the entire movie. And the best part, it includes a young comedian by the name of Dave Chappelle. Maybe you’ve heard of him.
5. Has there been a book that has changed your life?
I’m not a bookworm. I haven’t come across anything life changing yet, but I do like a few books written by Suze Orman. She’s a financial advisor and motivational speaker. Her book, The Money Book For The Young, Fabulous & Broke, is at the top of my list. I think it should be mandatory reading for young twenty somethings.
6. Which Disney movie scared you the most as a kid?
Hocus Pocus. Scariest movie ever! I still don’t watch it to this day. All I remember is that a cat gets run over my a car, re-inflates itself to come back alive, and witches bring back the dead. No thank you.
7. What is the hardest thing for you about blogging?
Finding inspiration and posting new material on a consistant schedule. I would love to be able to have content ready to go every week ans scheduled in advance. Right now my workflow fluctuates – one day I’ll get inspired and write three post, then I’ll have nothing for like a week.
8. If you had to recommend one musician/band that everyone should listen to, who would it be?
J. Cole. He’s the bomb.com He wrote his own album, Forest Hills Drive, that went platinum without any features.
9. If you could sit down and chat with any fictional character (from a book, movie. or TV) who would it be? And what would you talk about?
James Bond. We would talk about being an international man of mystery and why he constantly wrecks beautiful luxury vehicles. That should be a crime. We would swap fascinating stories of adventure and travel. And like most of the leading ladies in his movies… we’d end the evening with a little nightcap. 😉
10. What is something that no matter what, always makes you laugh?
Memes are hilarious. Right now the Kardashian memes have me rollin.
11. And if you had to pick: cake or pie?
Pie for sure! I feel like pie can be more versatile. For instance, there’s sweet like apple pie or savory like chicken pot pie. With some imagination I could probably make a well rounded diet out of pies.
Here are my 11 questions for my tagged fellow bloggers:
- What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this week?
- What is the best praise or advice you’ve received?
- What’s your spirit animal?
- What flavor ice cream would you be?
- If you could invite five famous or noted people (past or present) to dinner who would you choose?
- What is your favorite TV show and why?
What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
If you had to describe yourself using three words, it would be…
- What was the worst job you have ever had?
- What’s the last search in your Google history?
- If you were to create a slogan for your life, what would it be?
Let me know if you do the tag, I’d love to read it! Let me know in the comments if you’ve ever been tagged to do a blogger tag!
If you want to learn more about me click here to read my updated bio.