I am a recovering lipstick addict. It’s crazy because I don’t even wear lipstick that often. There was a time in my life when I was going to Ulta every weekend. And try to leave Ulta without buying anything… just try! It didn’t help that my roommate at the time slayed – all day, every day. I was into makeup before, but she introduced me to the world of primer, powders, lip liners, and finishing sprays. Shit got real!
The first time I realized I may have a problem was when I transferred all my stuff to a new bag I bought. I had lip gloss in the side zipper, chapstick in the outside pockets and I found lipsticks that made their way to the bottom of my bag. When it was all said and done, I had over 10 lip products in my purse. Those were just the ones I carried around with me. Not to mention the ones that are in my vanity. Half my bag was just lipstick and was weighing me down.
Now I’m more organized. I keep them all in a separate clear makeup bag inside my purse. Except when I’m driving and applying lip gloss at the same time – Then I just stuff it back into my purse while trying to stay in my lane.
Here’s a handful of lipsticks in my bag right now…
What I’m wearing…
- Covergirl: Lipperfection Jumbo Gloss Balm
- Marc Jacobs: Lip Creme in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
- Victoria’s Secret: Beauty Rush Lip Stain in Eternal Flame
- Clinique: In Black Honey (unfortunately this one has been discontinued)
- Hempz: Ultra Moisturizing Lip Balm
- NYX: Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen